Monday, May 24, 2010

A day off ... big sigh

Ah, finally, Sunday has arrived. It is so nice to have a day off. Well, of course, there is no day off when you have a dog but at least there are no meetings and no places we have to go. It was all I could do to drag myself out of bed to take Bogart down for his morning constitutional. Then we came back upstairs so he could eat and I could lie down again for a bit.

Breakfast was a simple fair but highlighted by Janis’s freshly cooked cinimon buns with icing. Mmmm, they were very good. So good that I had to have a second one.

After breakfast, I came back upstairs to try and get caught up on my blogging. I’m sure you’ve all noticed that I’m not exactly getting each day done on the day it is for. It is actually more work to do the blog than I thought but considering how little I can remember of the last 3 weeks I think it will be a precious tool to help me remember everything that happened here.

Just before lunch I took Bogart out to the courtyard to run about with his friend Rocco (lab) and Aiden (white poodle). They had a very good time which was nice to see. We then headed off for lunch which was really great pizza. After lunch I hung out in the front of the building first with John and Rocco who were waiting for John’s wife. And then Katjyia and her parents. At 2pm Denise (Katy’s mother), Jade, Leah, Courtney and myself headed over to the Moonshine cafĂ© for their blues jam. It was nice to go and have a drink or two with some of the adults. I really enjoy hanging out with Courtney and Leah. I got to play after the first set. We played a couple of songs that I play in Rain shadow which was fun. It’s hard to just hop up and play really well but those who came to watch said it sounded great. Just as we were getting ready to leave John, the owner, came over and asked if I would like to play again. Of course I said yes and asked Courtney to have Janis hold my supper or give it to one of the extra people staying. However, I gave clear instructions that I was to be saved a piece of Janis’s freshly made cheese cake. I ended up playing for most of the next hour which was fun. Onwards the end John and his wife Chris showed up so I sat and had a drink with them before heading back to the school to rescue Bogart from my room.

He didn’t seem to care that much and was just lying on his bed when I came in the room. I took him down to run again with Rocco as a reward for his patience. It was then that I found out that plans had changed and we were now going to Toronto on Monday instead of Tuesday morning. Breakfast was now at 7:15am and we were to be out of here by 8am. Wow, no sleeping in and actually we’re going to have to b up even earlier. Oh well, I’m looking forward to the whole trip. I used to live in Toronto about 20 years ago so it’s always like visiting my youth when I go there. I’ve suggested we take the go train to union station, take the subway to Queen Street, walk west to spadina and then take the spadina street car to the subway and back to union station. We’ll see if I get my way or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment